Founder: Gen X & AWEaP
Ms. Dlamini is an advocate for accelerated participation of African Women and Youth in Africa’s Power and Energy sector. She is the founding President of African Women in Energy and Power (AWEaP) (www.aweap.africa); an organization she founded to accelerate the participation of African Women Entrepreneurs in the full value chains of Power and Energy in Africa and contribute towards addressing the continent’s energy poverty. The organization has 22 chapters in Africa.
She is the founder of Rito Group of Companies Pty LTD, a consulting group with interests in management consulting energy and power consulting solutions (www.ritogroup.africa )
She is currently the recipient of the following awards:
- The Inaugural South African Institute of Electrical Engineers 2019 Women in Engineering Award.
- African Queens in Energy – The Judges Award, supporting women entrepreneurs in energy and power 2021.
- Women of Stature: Finalist CEO of the Year 2022
She holds the following industry roles:
- SALGA’s Energy Reference Group (ERG): ERG Member
- South Africa, Office of the President, Women’s Economic Assembly: Energy Sector work-stream Lead
- ABB Education Trust: Trustee
- BRICS Business Council – Energy and Green Economy Cluster: Just Energy Transition Center of Excellence Lead
- Energy Drive: Non-Executive Director
- University of South Africa (UNISA) Graduate School of Business Leadership: Advisory Board Member
Ms. Dlamini is a highly rated and trusted industry player in South Africa’s energy sector.
She served on the executive committee of the BRICS Women’s Business Alliance from 2020 until January 2023.
In March 2021, at the WVL SADC Protocol@Work Summit held in Johannesburg, AWEaP won the WVL SADC Protocol@Work Climate Change 2021 Award in recognition of its outstanding contribution to the promotion of gender equity in the Energy and Power Sector.
She holds the following qualifications:
- Energy Transition Diploma: Skolkovo Moscow School of Management, Russia;
- MBA specializing in Executive Management – Graduate School of Business – University of Cape Town, South Africa, thesis awarded with a distinction.
- Programme for Management Development (PMD 37) Gordon Institute of Business Science; South Africa;
- Management Advancement Programme (MAP) at Wits Business School, South Africa;
- A Certificate in Advanced Marketing Management from the University of South Africa.
- A National Diploma in Marketing: Cape Town University of Technology (Cape Technikon).