Join African Women in Energy and Power (AWEaP) and empower Women entrepreneurs in Africa’s Energy Sector!
AWEaP is a Pan African non-profit company dedicated to supporting and accelerating women’s participation in Africa’s energy and power ecosystem. We have exciting vacancies available to join our dynamic team and contribute to our mission of empowering women in the energy sector. If you are passionate about driving positive change and making a difference, we invite you to apply for the following positions:
At AWEaP, we offer a collaborative and inclusive work environment where your ideas and expertise can make a real impact. Join our team and help shape the future of Africa’s energy sector by promoting gender equality and empowering women professionals.
Click below on each Job Title to read more about The Job Overview, Responsibilities and Qualifications.
Job Code: AWEaP (SES) – Energy Sector 2023 001
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Stakeholder Engagement Specialist to join our dynamic team in the energy sector. As a Stakeholder Engagement Specialist, you will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining positive relationships with various stakeholders, including government agencies, local communities, industry organizations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Your primary responsibility will be to facilitate effective communication, collaboration, and mutual understanding between our organization and key stakeholders to ensure successful project implementation and sustainable growth in Africa’s energy sector.
- Develop and implement stakeholder engagement strategies: Identify key stakeholders, analyze their interests, concerns, and potential impacts on our projects, and design comprehensive engagement strategies tailored to specific stakeholders and projects.
- Build relationships: Establish and nurture relationships with stakeholders through regular communication, meetings, workshops, and events to foster a positive and collaborative environment.
- Stakeholder analysis: Conduct in-depth stakeholder analysis to understand their needs, expectations, and concerns, and incorporate their feedback into decision-making processes.
- Facilitate dialogue: Organize and facilitate meetings, focus groups, public consultations, and other forums to promote constructive dialogue, share project updates, address concerns, and gather valuable input.
- Communication and outreach: Develop clear and concise communication materials, such as newsletters, press releases, website content, and social media posts, to engage stakeholders and keep them informed about project progress and milestones.
- Conflict resolution: Identify and manage conflicts that may arise between different stakeholders or with our organization, employing effective conflict resolution techniques to find mutually beneficial solutions.
- Regulatory compliance: Stay updated with relevant regulations, policies, and industry standards to ensure stakeholder engagement activities align with legal requirements and best practices.
- Monitor and evaluate: Develop metrics and evaluation frameworks to assess the effectiveness of stakeholder engagement initiatives, gather feedback, and continuously improve strategies and approaches.
- Collaboration with internal teams: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including project managers, legal and regulatory experts, environmental and social impact specialists, and communications professionals to ensure stakeholder engagement is integrated into project planning and execution.
- Stakeholder database management: Maintain a comprehensive stakeholder database, including contact information, engagement history, and key insights, to facilitate efficient and targeted communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, environmental sciences, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in stakeholder engagement, public relations, community relations, or a similar role, preferably in the energy sector.
- Strong understanding of the energy sector, including renewable energy technologies, power generation, transmission, and distribution systems, and related environmental and social considerations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and influence stakeholders at various levels.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Ability to handle conflicts and challenging situations professionally, with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements related to stakeholder engagement in the energy sector.
- Proficiency in using communication tools, social media platforms, and software for stakeholder database management.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.
- Flexibility to travel occasionally for meetings and consultations with stakeholders.
Join our team and contribute to the sustainable growth of the energy sector through effective stakeholder engagement. Together, we can make a positive impact on communities, the environment, and our organization’s success.
Job Code: AWEaP JET Skills Programme 2023 002
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Project Manager to lead and oversee the implementation of the AWEaP (African Women in Energy and Power) Just Energy Transition Skills Development Programme. As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the programme, including planning, execution, monitoring, and evaluation. Your primary focus will be on ensuring the successful delivery of the programme’s objectives, coordinating diverse stakeholders, and driving impactful outcomes for women in the energy sector. This role requires excellent project management, leadership, and communication skills, along with a deep understanding of the energy landscape and a commitment to promoting gender equality in the industry.
- Project planning and strategy: Develop a comprehensive project plan, including timelines, milestones, deliverables, and resource requirements, to guide the implementation of the Just Energy Transition Skills Development Programme.
- Stakeholder management: Identify and engage key stakeholders, including partner organizations, industry professionals, trainers, and participants, to foster collaboration, secure support, and ensure their active involvement throughout the project lifecycle.
- Programme implementation: Oversee all aspects of programme execution, including curriculum development, training delivery, mentorship coordination, and participant engagement. Ensure alignment with project goals and adherence to quality standards.
- Team leadership and coordination: Lead a diverse team of trainers, coordinators, and support staff, providing guidance, supervision, and support to ensure smooth operations and effective collaboration.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Develop and implement robust monitoring and evaluation frameworks to assess the progress, impact, and effectiveness of the programme. Collect and analyze data, prepare reports, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Risk management: Identify potential risks and challenges, develop mitigation strategies, and proactively address issues that may arise during the project implementation. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, policies, and ethical standards.
- Reporting and communication: Prepare regular progress reports, highlighting achievements, challenges, and key learnings for internal and external stakeholders. Communicate project updates, outcomes, and success stories through various channels, including presentations, newsletters, and online platforms.
- Collaboration and partnerships: Foster strong partnerships with relevant organizations, institutions, and industry stakeholders to enhance the programme’s reach, impact, and sustainability. Seek opportunities for collaboration, knowledge sharing, and resource mobilization.
- Continuous improvement: Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging needs in the energy sector, particularly as they relate to women’s empowerment and skills development. Incorporate lessons learned and innovative approaches into programme planning and delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, business administration, energy studies, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in project management, preferably in the energy sector or related fields, with a focus on skills development and gender equality initiatives.
- Strong understanding of the energy landscape, including the Just Energy Transition, renewable energy technologies, policy frameworks, and industry trends.
- Excellent project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to lead complex initiatives, manage diverse stakeholders, and deliver results within scope, time, and budget constraints.
- Leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire, motivate, and coordinate teams to achieve project goals and foster a collaborative work environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to anticipate and mitigate risks, adapt to changing circumstances, and make informed decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and influence diverse stakeholders, facilitate collaboration, and build partnerships.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, and reporting on project progress and outcomes.
- Proficiency in using project management tools, productivity software, and collaboration platforms.
- Commitment to gender equality, women’s empowerment, and social impact in the energy sector.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally, as required.
Join our team and lead the implementation of the Just Energy Transition Skills Development Programme, empowering women in the energy sector and driving positive change. Your project management expertise will be instrumental in making a lasting impact on the professional development and advancement of women in the industry.
Job Code: AWEaP JET Skills Programme 2023 003
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Training Programme Coordinator to join our team and oversee the successful implementation of a Just Energy Transition Skills Development Programme. As the Training Programme Coordinator, you will play a critical role in coordinating and managing various aspects of the training programme, including curriculum development, participant recruitment, training delivery logistics, and evaluation. Your primary focus will be to ensure the smooth and effective execution of the programme, contributing to the development of a skilled workforce capable of driving the transition to a more sustainable and inclusive energy sector.
- Programme coordination: Plan, organize, and coordinate all activities related to the Just Energy Transition Skills Development Programme, ensuring seamless execution and adherence to timelines and objectives.
- Curriculum development: Collaborate with subject matter experts and training providers to design and develop a comprehensive and impactful training curriculum that aligns with the goals of the Just Energy Transition.
- Participant recruitment and selection: Develop strategies to identify and recruit participants for the training programme, including outreach efforts, partnerships with educational institutions, and targeted marketing campaigns. Screen and select participants based on eligibility criteria and programme requirements.
- Training logistics: Coordinate logistics for training sessions, including scheduling, venue booking, participant registration, and resource allocation. Ensure training materials and resources are available and distributed appropriately.
- Training delivery oversight: Monitor and oversee the delivery of training sessions, ensuring trainers are prepared, participants are engaged, and learning objectives are met. Address any issues or concerns that may arise during the training process.
- Evaluation and assessment: Develop evaluation frameworks and tools to assess the effectiveness of the training programme, including participant feedback, post-training assessments, and overall program impact. Analyze data and generate reports to measure progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Stakeholder engagement: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including training providers, government agencies, industry partners, and community organizations, to foster strong partnerships and ensure alignment with the Just Energy Transition goals.
- Reporting and documentation: Prepare regular progress reports, documenting key activities, outcomes, challenges, and recommendations for the training programme. Maintain accurate records and documentation of participant information, training materials, and evaluation results.
- Continuous improvement: Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and emerging needs in the energy sector to continuously improve the training programme’s content, delivery, and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as education, sustainable development, or environmental studies. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in coordinating and managing training programs, preferably in the energy sector or related fields.
- Strong understanding of the concepts and challenges related to the Just Energy Transition and the skills needed for a sustainable and inclusive energy sector.
- Familiarity with curriculum development principles, adult learning methodologies, and training program evaluation.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage and motivate participants, trainers, and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in participant recruitment, selection, and engagement strategies, including outreach, marketing, and partnership development.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to collect and analyze data, generate insights, and make data-driven decisions.
- Proficiency in using productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and learning management systems.
- Knowledge of grant funding and reporting requirements is an advantage.
- Passion for sustainability, social equity, and driving positive change in the energy sector.
Join our team and contribute to the development of a skilled workforce driving the Just Energy Transition. Your coordination and management skills will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful implementation of our Skills Development Programme, creating a more sustainable and inclusive energy sector for the future.
Job Code: AWEaP JET Skills Programme 2023 004
We are seeking a dedicated and organized Mentorship Programme Administrator to support the implementation and coordination of the AWEaP (African Women in Energy and Power) Just Energy Transition Skills Development Programme. As the Mentorship Programme Administrator, you will play a crucial role in facilitating impactful mentorship experiences for participants in the programme.
Your primary responsibility will be to administer and oversee the mentorship programme, matching participants with experienced mentors, ensuring smooth communication between mentors and mentees, and monitoring the progress and outcomes of the mentorship relationships.
This position requires strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, as well as a passion for supporting the professional development of women in the energy sector.
- Mentorship programme coordination: Develop and implement a comprehensive mentorship programme framework, including guidelines, processes, and timelines, to ensure effective mentorship experiences for participants.
- Participant and mentor recruitment: Collaborate with relevant teams to identify and recruit qualified participants for the mentorship programme. Source and engage experienced mentors from the energy sector who can provide valuable guidance and support to the mentees.
- Matching process: Conduct thorough assessments of participants’ backgrounds, career goals, and mentorship preferences to facilitate appropriate mentor-mentee pairings. Ensure a thoughtful and strategic matching process that considers the mentees’ needs and the mentors’ expertise.
- Mentor-mentee communication facilitation: Serve as the main point of contact for mentors and mentees, facilitating effective communication and providing guidance and support throughout the mentorship journey. Monitor progress, provide resources, and address any concerns or issues that may arise.
- Programme monitoring and evaluation: Track and monitor the progress and outcomes of the mentorship relationships. Collect feedback from mentors and mentees to assess the effectiveness of the programme, identify areas for improvement, and share success stories and lessons learned.
- Mentorship events and resources: Coordinate mentorship events, such as networking sessions, workshops, and knowledge-sharing sessions, to enhance the mentorship experience. Develop and provide relevant resources, tools, and materials to support mentorship activities and guide participants.
- Reporting and documentation: Maintain accurate records and documentation of mentorship activities, including mentor-mentee matches, communication logs, and outcomes. Prepare regular reports on the mentorship programme’s progress and impact for internal and external stakeholders.
- Stakeholder engagement: Collaborate with internal teams, external partners, and industry professionals to foster strong relationships and engagement in the mentorship programme. Seek opportunities for mentorship expansion, partnership development, and recognition of mentorship achievements.
- Mentorship programme promotion: Develop marketing and communication strategies to promote the mentorship programme internally and externally. Utilize various channels, such as social media, newsletters, and industry networks, to attract potential mentors and mentees.
- Continuous improvement: Stay updated on mentorship best practices, emerging trends, and innovative approaches. Conduct research and benchmarking to enhance the mentorship programme’s structure, content, and impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in administering mentorship or professional development programs, preferably in the energy sector or related industries.
- Strong understanding of the energy sector and the challenges and opportunities faced by women professionals in the field.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and ensure a smooth mentorship experience for participants.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage and build rapport with mentors and mentees from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in participant and mentor recruitment, matching, and relationship management.
- Knowledge of mentorship best practices, methodologies, and evaluation frameworks.
- Proficiency in using productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), project management software, and collaboration platforms.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and integrity.
- Passion for supporting women’s professional development and promoting gender equality in the energy sector.
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to collect and analyze data, identify trends, and provide actionable insights.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and requirements in a dynamic work environment.
Join our organization and contribute to the professional development and empowerment of women in the energy sector through impactful mentorship experiences. Your coordination and mentorship expertise will play a vital role in supporting the success and growth of our participants in the Just Energy Transition Skills Development Programme.
Job Code: AWEaP JET Skills Programme 2023 005
We are seeking motivated and detail-oriented Project Coordination Interns to join our team and support the implementation of the AWEaP (African Women in Energy and Power) Just Energy Transition Skills Development Programme. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain practical experience in project coordination and contribute to the successful delivery of the programme’s objectives. Under the guidance of the project management team, you will assist in various project-related activities, including planning, coordination, documentation, and stakeholder engagement. This internship offers valuable hands-on experience in the energy sector and the opportunity to make a positive impact on women’s empowerment.
- Project support: Assist in coordinating and supporting various project activities to ensure the smooth execution of the Just Energy Transition Skills Development Programme.
- Stakeholder engagement: Collaborate with internal teams, external partners, trainers, mentors, and participants to facilitate effective communication, engagement, and collaboration throughout the project.
- Administrative assistance: Provide administrative support for project-related tasks, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and maintaining project documentation and records.
- Documentation and reporting: Assist in maintaining accurate project documentation, including meeting minutes, action items, and project-related records. Support the preparation of progress reports and other project-related documentation.
- Coordination and logistics: Assist in coordinating project activities and logistics, such as scheduling meetings, workshops, and training sessions. Support the organization of project-related events and handle logistical arrangements.
- Communication and collaboration: Foster effective communication and collaboration among project stakeholders by assisting in organizing and facilitating project meetings, workshops, and training sessions.
- Research and analysis: Conduct research and analysis on relevant topics and best practices in the energy sector to contribute to project planning and decision-making processes.
- Quality assurance: Support the implementation of quality assurance processes to ensure project deliverables meet established standards and requirements. Contribute to project reviews and assessments.
- Continuous learning and improvement: Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging needs in the energy sector. Contribute ideas for process improvements and innovative approaches to enhance project outcomes.
- Ad hoc tasks: Assist the project management team with ad hoc tasks and assignments as required.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in project management, business administration, energy studies, or a related field. Recent graduates are also eligible.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills, with a keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and collaboration platforms.
- Demonstrated interest in the energy sector and a passion for gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Strong research and analytical skills to gather and analyze relevant information.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn, and openness to feedback.
- Prior experience in project coordination or related roles is a plus but not required.
- Availability to commit to a designated internship period.
Join our team as a Project Coordination Intern and gain valuable hands-on experience in project management while contributing to the empowerment of women in the energy sector. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, expand your professional network, and make a meaningful impact in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Job Code: AWEaP B2B Mission 2023 006
We are seeking a dynamic and organized Business-to-Business (B2B) Mission Administrator to facilitate and coordinate impactful B2B missions between African energy entrepreneurs and global technology companies and investors. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in connecting and fostering collaboration between African energy entrepreneurs seeking partnerships, investments, and technology solutions, and international technology companies and investors looking to expand their presence in Africa’s energy sector. Your primary responsibility will be to administer and oversee the planning, logistics, and execution of B2B missions, enabling meaningful connections and driving successful business outcomes.
- B2B Mission planning: Collaborate with stakeholders to define the objectives, scope, and target participants for B2B missions. Develop detailed project plans, timelines, and budgets to guide the planning and execution process.
- Participant engagement: Identify and engage African energy entrepreneurs, global technology companies, and investors who would benefit from participating in the B2B missions. Build relationships and communicate the value proposition to encourage their active involvement.
- Matchmaking and scheduling: Facilitate the matchmaking process, analyzing participants’ profiles and objectives to identify relevant and synergistic connections. Coordinate and schedule meetings, ensuring optimal utilization of participants’ time during the B2B missions.
- Logistics coordination: Arrange all logistical aspects of the B2B missions, including travel arrangements, accommodation, local transportation, meeting venues, and event-related services. Collaborate with vendors, service providers, and local partners to ensure smooth and seamless operations.
- Pre-mission and post-mission support: Provide guidance and support to participants before and after the B2B missions. Share relevant information, resources, and preparation materials to maximize participants’ readiness and effectiveness during the missions. Follow up on action items and facilitate ongoing communication among participants.
- Event coordination: Assist in organizing related events, such as networking receptions, panel discussions, and site visits, to supplement the B2B missions and create additional opportunities for knowledge sharing and relationship building.
- Communication and marketing: Collaborate with the communications team to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies for the B2B missions. Promote the missions through various channels, including social media, websites, newsletters, and industry networks.
- Evaluation and reporting: Design evaluation frameworks and tools to measure the impact and success of the B2B missions. Collect feedback from participants, track outcomes, and prepare comprehensive reports highlighting achievements, lessons learned, and recommendations for future improvements.
- Stakeholder management: Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including government agencies, industry associations, and local partners, to ensure their active support and engagement in the B2B missions.
- Budget management: Assist in budget planning and management, tracking expenses, and ensuring cost-effective utilization of resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international relations, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in project management, event planning, or business development, with a focus on international partnerships, investments, or technology collaborations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the African energy sector, including renewable energy, clean technologies, and emerging trends and challenges.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills, with the ability to engage and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, including entrepreneurs, technology companies, investors, and government representatives.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness, with experience working across different countries and regions, particularly in Africa.
- Proficiency in using productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), project management software, and CRM systems.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills, with the ability to anticipate and address challenges proactively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare clear and concise reports, presentations, and communication materials.
- Flexibility and adaptability to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Passion for sustainable energy, entrepreneurship, and driving economic development in Africa.
Join our team and play a vital role in connecting African energy entrepreneurs with global technology companies and investors through impactful B2B missions. Your coordination and facilitation skills will contribute to fostering collaboration, driving innovation, and accelerating the growth of Africa’s energy sector.
Job Code: AWEaP Webinar Series 007
We are seeking a detail-oriented and proactive Energy Sector Webinar Coordinator to join our team. As the coordinator, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing webinars focused on the energy sector. Your primary role will involve coordinating all aspects of webinar production, including topic selection, speaker recruitment, scheduling, technical setup, promotion, and post-webinar analysis. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the success of these educational and engaging webinars.
- Webinar planning and coordination: Collaborate with relevant teams to identify webinar topics that align with the energy sector’s trends, challenges, and opportunities. Develop a webinar calendar and coordinate scheduling, ensuring a diverse range of topics and speakers.
- Speaker recruitment: Identify and engage subject matter experts, industry leaders, and professionals to serve as webinar speakers. Develop relationships with potential speakers and coordinate their participation, including managing speaker agreements, presentation content, and technical requirements.
- Technical setup: Work with the IT team to set up and test webinar platforms, audiovisual equipment, and other technical aspects necessary for seamless webinar delivery. Troubleshoot technical issues during live webinars, ensuring a smooth user experience.
- Content development: Collaborate with speakers and internal stakeholders to develop engaging and informative webinar content, including presentations, visuals, and supporting materials. Ensure content is tailored to the target audience and objectives of each webinar.
- Promotion and audience engagement: Develop and execute promotional strategies to drive webinar registrations and participation. Utilize various channels, such as email marketing, social media, and industry networks, to reach the target audience. Engage with participants before, during, and after webinars to encourage interaction and address their inquiries.
- Webinar logistics: Coordinate all logistical aspects of webinars, including scheduling, invitations, registration management, and attendee communications. Monitor registration numbers and manage attendance records.
- Technical support: Provide technical support to speakers and participants before and during webinars, including training on webinar platforms, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring smooth connectivity and audiovisual quality.
- Post-webinar analysis: Collect and analyze webinar data, including attendance rates, participant feedback, and post-webinar surveys. Prepare post-webinar reports with key insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Continuous improvement: Stay updated on webinar best practices, emerging technologies, and industry trends to enhance webinar delivery and engagement. Recommend and implement improvements to enhance the overall webinar experience.
- Budget management: Assist in budget planning and management, tracking expenses related to webinar production, promotional activities, and technical requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, or a related field.
- Proven experience (2-4 years) in coordinating webinars or virtual events, preferably in the energy sector or related industries.
- Familiarity with the energy sector, including its key players, technologies, and current trends.
- Proficiency in webinar platforms and related tools (e.g., Zoom, WebEx, GoToWebinar), as well as audiovisual equipment and livestreaming technologies.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple webinars concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to develop compelling webinar content and engage with speakers and participants.
- Tech-savvy and comfortable troubleshooting technical issues that may arise during webinars.
- Experience in audience engagement strategies and social media promotion for webinars.
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to collect and analyze data, identify trends, and provide actionable insights.
- Attention to detail, ensuring accurate webinar logistics and flawless execution.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage relationships with external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and timelines.
Join our team as the Energy Sector Webinar Coordinator and play a vital role in delivering educational and engaging webinars that contribute to knowledge sharing and professional development in the energy sector. Your coordination and technical skills will help us create valuable webinar experiences for our audience.
Job Code: AWEaP Webinar Series 008
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Content Development Specialist to join our team at African Women in Energy and Power. As the Content Development Specialist, you will play a crucial role in designing and delivering market orientation webinars for women energy entrepreneurs across Africa. Your primary responsibility will be to develop engaging and informative webinar content that unravels energy value chains, showcases developments in all 55 African countries, and highlights opportunities for women entrepreneurs. You will collaborate with experts from various sectors of the energy ecosystem, including electricity utilities, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and finance institutions, to ensure the webinars provide valuable insights and strategies to support women entrepreneurs in the energy sector.
- Webinar content development: Research and analyze the energy value chains in Africa to identify low-barrier entry segments for women entrepreneurs. Develop comprehensive webinar content that provides market orientation, highlights industry developments, and shares best practices.
- Collaboration with experts: Liaise with experts from electricity utilities, OEMs, finance institutions, and other relevant stakeholders to gather insights and information on their respective areas of expertise. Collaborate with these experts to incorporate their knowledge and perspectives into the webinar content.
- Market trends analysis: Stay updated on developments, trends, and innovations in the energy sector across Africa. Analyze market trends, deregulation policies, decentralization initiatives, digitization advancements, and decarbonization efforts to inform webinar content and provide accurate and relevant information to women entrepreneurs.
- Program and technology presentations: Coordinate with electricity utilities to secure their participation in webinars and gather their program plans for the next three years. Work with OEMs to understand the technologies and innovations sought after by the energy sector. Incorporate these presentations into the webinars to provide valuable insights to women entrepreneurs.
- Finance insights and strategies: Engage with finance institutions to understand their financing approaches and strategies for supporting energy projects, with a specific focus on supporting women entrepreneurs. Incorporate their insights into the webinars to provide women entrepreneurs with valuable information on accessing financial resources.
- Content delivery enhancement: Continuously evaluate and improve the webinar content delivery by incorporating interactive elements, case studies, practical examples, and engaging visuals to enhance the learning experience for women entrepreneurs.
- Collaboration with internal teams: Collaborate closely with the webinar coordination team, marketing team, and technical team to ensure the seamless integration of content development efforts into the overall webinar production process.
- Evaluation and feedback: Collect feedback from webinar participants and stakeholders to assess the effectiveness of the content and identify areas for improvement. Use the feedback to refine and enhance future webinar content and delivery.
- Research and resource management: Conduct thorough research to gather relevant data, statistics, and supporting materials to enhance the quality and credibility of the webinar content. Manage research resources efficiently and maintain a well-organized content library.
- Market intelligence and industry networking: Stay informed about industry conferences, forums, and events related to the energy sector in Africa. Participate in relevant events to network, gather market intelligence, and identify potential speakers and partners for future webinar collaborations.
- Bachelor’s degree in energy studies, business, communications, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in content development, preferably in the energy sector or related fields.
- Strong understanding of the energy sector in Africa, including market dynamics, value chains, policies, and trends.
- Excellent research and analytical skills to gather, synthesize, and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with topics such as deregulation, decentralization, digitization, and decarbonization in the energy sector.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop engaging and impactful webinar content.
- Experience in collaborating with subject matter experts and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and industries.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using productivity tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and webinar platforms.
- Passion for supporting women entrepreneurs and promoting gender equality in the energy sector.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control to ensure accuracy and relevance in webinar content.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and requirements in a fast-paced environment.
To apply submit your application, including your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position and how your skills align with our mission.
Join AWEaP today and be part of a movement that is transforming Africa’s energy sector!
Note: Please specify the position you are applying for in your application.
The Volunteer Programme aims to improve the lives of women, people with disabilities, and youth throughout Africa.
AWEaP’s Volunteer Programme is a new initiative that invites ordinary citizens to contribute ideas, use their skills and talents to improve the lives of women, youth and persons with disabilities to gain access to opportunities in Africa’s energy and power sector.
We are establishing a global network of volunteers who will play a critical role in achieving this audacious goal.
When communities take the time to collaborate for the greater good, the results are tangible and long-lasting. Local knowledge and networks, combined with the skills, energy and stories from the AWEaP volunteer network, will form a powerful force for change.
This combination of people and resources is critical to maximizing the impact towards an inclusive energy ecosystem and a gender conscious Just Energy Transition programme.