Channel Partner programme: Stream 1
AWEaP’s Channel Partner Programme – helping OEMs increase gender equity in their channel partner programmes
- AWEaP has joined forces with The South African Electrotechnical Export Council (SAEEC) to establish a Channel Partner Programme that will enable manufacturing OEMs to increase gender equity in their channel partner programmes. This programme is targeting OEMs across the full value chains of electricity generation, transmission and distribution.
- The goal of the programme is to facilitate the support, nurture and development of SMMEs in the energy and power sector to become sustainable traders and manufacturers of goods and suppliers of services.
- Through the programme’s PMO, Original Equipment Manufacturers/Private Sector Partners and SMMEs will be supported and guided to create long-term working relationships.
- Thus we invite OEMs to partner with us to realise the ambition of the programme. We are creating a database of OEMs and women-owned and led SMMEs who will participate in the programme. We believe that the programme will embed SMMEs in South African and the global supply chains operating in the Renewable Energy, White Goods Manufacturing and Green Tech Sectors.
- This programme has the potential to reach various markets on the African Continent.
- The SAEEC has engaged with the Department of Trade, Industry and Competition (dtic) and large private-sector enterprises about the dtic’s Strategic Partnership Programme (SPP). This SPP seeks to incentivise private sector to support SMME participation in South African and the global supply chains.
- For this Channel Partnering Programme, OEMs may receive up to 50% rebates on their investment on each SMME that they support.
- The programme is designed to build 225 channel partners over a 9-year period leading to 2030, with an intake of 25 SMMEs annually.
- Only channel partner programmes that cover products, services, solutions and systems that are designated for local content will qualify for rebates.
- To participate in the programme, we require a written expression of interest. These expressions of interest will support our grant application to the dtic. The grant will secure the 50% rebate by dtic for the OEMs total investment on each SMME that is enrolled to the OEMs channel partner programme.