22 June 2021
To succeed in and energy and power sector, you need to invest time to do the following:
- Study the sector and its players
- Through this identify the ecosystem of players
- Define your value proposition clearly
- Start building relationships with players in the ecosystem
This is an example of an ecosystem at its players:
Our speakers shared insights on how entrepreneurs in the energy and power sector should build strong working relationships with Original Equipment Manufacturers, Project Developers and EPCs (Engineering, Procurement and Construction companies).
If you are developing projects in the renewable energy sector and need consulting support, the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy has a support for you. Download their presentation below and learn more.
Private Finance Advisory Network also has support from projects in the renewable energy space that are at varying levels of development. Check out their presentation.
Nedbank has support entrepreneurs with project financing, their presentation is insightful.
General Electric has a comprehensive Inclusion Programme, their presentation illuminated possible entrepreneurial opportunities across the full project development value chain.
We encourage you to invest time to download presentations and listen to the speakers on our YouTube channel.
Speakers at the webinar were:
AWEaP: Bertha Dlamini
Department of Mineral Resources and Energy
DMER: Ms. Elizabeth Marabwa
Access to Finance
Africa Business Group
PFAN in South Africa, Eswatini and Lesotho: Mr. Michael Sudarkasa
Technology company: OEM
General Electric: Ms. Nosizwe Dlengezele
Access to Market
Specialist Procurement Compliance:
Dr. Ellsworth Jonathan
Access to Finance
Nedbank: Ms Dhireshni Chowthee
We encourage you to do the following:
- Visit our YouTube channel
- Watch previous webinars
- Take notes from the presentations given
- Note the tips shared on how you can gain entry into the energy and power sector as an entrepreneur
- Note programmes in place to address some of the barriers:
- Access to market
- Access to skills development
- Access to finance
- Access to technology
- Download presentations and listen to the recorded webinar again
- Follow through by: visiting websites and taking the initiative to build the network necessary to enable your participation